First off, let me apologise for the potential to alienate any non-irish readers. There’s a lot of exciting fash-related things going on in Dublin right now, and, well…that doesn’t happen often! But there’s definitely a little bit of interesting reading in this post if you like your jeans and, let’s face it, who doesn’t love jeans?!
Brendan Courtney, Ireland’s own Gok Wan, last week launched The Fashion Movement at Jervis Shopping Centre in Dublin. Every Saturday & Sunday from 20th August right through to 10th September there will be live catwalks and mannequins along with the Jenius Jeans Style Station – a FREE jeans fitting service.
What’s not to love?
Brendan will be at the shopping centre every weekend giving mini-makeovers and offering advice. Such a great opportunity to ask those burning questions you’ve been dying to get off your chests.
Below are Brendan’s five tips for choosing the perfect jeans – take note!
1. Start with a little stretch; try finding denim with a little give
2. Avoid bootcut; use a wide leg to balance the hip
3. Try a skinny jean! They make every leg look slimmer. You’ll be amazed. Start with a jegging to break you in and remember, it’s all about what you wear on top
4. Back pocket size: big on small bum, small on a big bum
5. The perfect indigo colour is always the best place to start and is much easier to smarten up
Interested? Of course you are! Here’s the information from the press release. Go forth and find your perfect jeans!
The Fashion Movement@ Jervis Shopping Centre will run for four fashion filled weeks. Each Saturday there will be four fashion shows throughout the day showcasing the hottest trends from all of Jervis Shopping Centre’s fashion stores including Forever 21, New Look, Topshop, Bershka and Stradivarius. These will take place at 12pm, 1:30pm, 3:00pm and 4:30pm, and will feature a special fashionably fun kids performance each week from the young trend setters from a number of schools in the local community.